Tear Down & Inspect
- All transmissions are considered on a first in, first out basis.
- Transmissions are totally disassembled.
- Tranmission parts are washed in mineral spirits solution.
- Expert marine technicians inspect the disassembled transmission for worn parts and any cause of failure.
Cost of Transmission Repair
- Our customers are then given an exact cost of repair before any further work is performed.
- Upon customer approval, the transmission is then rebuilt to factory specifications.
- If the customer elects not to repair or replace the transmission, a tear down fee will be charged. (The transmission will be returned disassembled.)
- The tear down and inspect fee is waived if the transmission is scrapped, rebuilt, or replaced.
- Rusted and corroded parts are bead blasted.
- Re-washed in mineral spirits solution.
- Thoroughly tested (for noise, leaks, cooler flow, temerature and pressure).
- Primed and painted (with engine enamel).
- Average in shop time is 2 - 4 days (when parts are in stock).
- WORN PARTS WILL NOT BE RE-USED IN ANY UNIT!.
- 90 day warranty on transmissions being rebuilt.
High Performance Modifications
- Clutch plates are added to increase clutch capacity.
- Increase of line pressure.
- Reduce parasitic loss.
- Due to the nature of high performance engines, there is no warranty on "modifications".